Sunday, July 22, 2012

Shanna


 “We are Daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us, and we love Him,” I grew up as a youth saying this phrase at least once a week. I believe it is what helped me get through all the trials I have ever experienced; it is this knowledge that I relied on and that I held firm to all my life with unbroken faith.

I believe that always having faith that I am a daughter of God led me to a knowledge, which in turn led me to feel his love. A love that only a Heavenly Father can give, an unconditional love that I can feel even when I don’t reach the potential I know he sees in me, a love that only testifies that we are all daughters of God.

I now feel that love more powerfully than ever as I prepare to welcome two of his children into our family. As I ponder this knowledge for our son and daughter, I know that God loves them, I feel it in every movement in my body, and I feel a responsibility to teach them of his love.

It has been in the dark and lonely moments in my life that I have been assured that I am loved, that I have an Eternal Father and that I have a divine birthright to be like Him, that I was made in the image of His being. I know he sacrificed his only begotten son for me, for my future children and for all mankind. As a future parent, I can’t even comprehend the idea, even out of love, of losing a child. It is this kind of love that I feel, which is how I know I am a daughter of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment